- 1cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3cup canola oil
- 1/4cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1tablespoon butter flavoring
- 2cups frozen blueberries
- 2tablespoons packed dark brown sugar or brown sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- Ground ginger (optional)
1. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl stir together pastry flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the baking soda, the 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, oil, applesauce, and butter flavoring until well mixed. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread half of the batter into the prepared dish.
3. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the frozen blueberries. Top with the remaining batter; spread evenly. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
4. Allow the coffee cake to stand at room temperature while the oven preheats to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl toss together the remaining 1 cup frozen blueberries, the brown sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle on top of the batter. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with additional ginger.
- Starch(d.e): 1
- Other Carb(d.e): 1
- Fat(d.e): 1