- 1/4cup crumbled basil-and-tomato feta cheese (1 ounce)*
- 2tablespoons fat-free cream cheese (1 ounce)
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 – 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- Dash salt
- 1teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/4cup chicken broth
- 110 ounce package prewashed fresh spinach, trimmed (8 cups)
- 2tablespoons walnut or pecan pieces, toasted
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon slices, halved (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese; set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
2. In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once (reduce heat to medium if chicken browns too quickly). Remove chicken from skillet. Cover and keep warm.
- Vegetables(d.e): 1
- Medium-Fat Meat(d.e): 5